Tuesday 16 September 2008

My very own blog

Welcome to my very first own blog!
I'm not really new to blogging, but I've never made one for myself! Check out our dogs' blog which has just celebrated it's one and a half year birthday!
In this one I thought I'd put photos and drawings I do at school (which are not really any good (I'm not just saying that), they're just for fun :))
It will mainly act as a kind of diary for myself, but visitors are of course welcome (anything else'd be kind of stupid as it is on the web).
I will probably put some (or many) pictures of our dogs (we have 5) and cats (3), if they're any good.
If you want to see photos I've taken previosly, just check the (recently linked) dog blog.

Oh, and maybe a bit of background info would do. I'm a nearly eighteen year old girl from Norway. I love photography, and have big plans about studying that in the UK in a couple of years (I'm actually english (In my heart at least)).
Other than going to school, I'm very active with the dogs, we practice agility, obedience, some freestyle and some tracking. And last but not least, conformation. I absolutely LOVE showing dogs! Especially if they have some success (I'm a very bad loser). Recent sucesses with my own dogs include making my first shetland sheepdog (of the proper british type of course) to a champion, not long before she was Best in show at the breed speciality show this year, with over 110 shelties. No, I never brag ;)
To make some money I groom dogs. I've had this business for a year, and although it's unbelievably hard work, it is quite fun, at least when you get a good result. I usually have two or three dogs a week, and have had all kinds of breeds. Some of the breeds I've had here include: Portuguese Water Dogs, Poodles, Airedale Terrier, Am. & Eng. Cocker Spaniels, Golden Retrievers, Löwchen, Bichons (Frisé and Havanese), etc.

Picture 1: Me with Agathe, our Siamese.
Picture 2: Norw.Ch. Leeland Queen of Art, aka "Zoe"


3 comments:

Thomas Roisland said...

This is awesome Sofie! haha, yeah, I am writing in English, even though we both speak Norwegian. I find it more interesting.
You really should post some of your photography work too. You are such a gifted photographer! Can't wait.

Sofie Wollbraaten said...

Takk takk :D
Jeg derimot gidder ikke å svare på engelsk ;)

Anonymous said...

Gratulerer med eget blogg Fie! Blir spennende å følge med her. Forresten, nydelig bilde av deg og Agathe :-)